September 22, 2010

A Fit Body, Mind is Goal of Energy in Motion

Energy in Motion was featured in Hanover Florham Park This Week!!! Here's the article...

What services does Energy in Motion provide?
We offer on-site fitness and wellness services for corporate and private clients, allowing busy people to take a proactive approach to health, fitness and stress management. Services include group exercise classes such as yoga, pilates, bootcamp, kickboxing, etc. personal training and wellness seminars.

Why did you start the business?
Tiffiny Twardowsky: Growing up, I was always physically active. I loved learning about the body, how it works and how it moves. In high school I started working as a lifeguard at a local fitness center. While I was there, I learned how to teach aerobics and started teaching aerobic exercise classes on a regular basis.

To further my learning, I majored in movement science in college. I continued on and received a master's degree in health fitness management as well. During the course of my education, I always shared what I learned and began teaching a wide range of group exercise classes and working one-on-one with clients. The thought of sitting behind a desk for eight hours didn't appeal to me, so I decided to "love what I do by doing what I love." Thus, Energy in Motion was born.

If you could do it again, what would you do differently?
I think I would trust myself more and seek out a business mentor. Starting your own business, especially at a young age, is scary. Having an expert to call upon or share ideas back and forth would have been very helpful.

What's the best business advice your parents gave you?
They advised me to never give up and to find your passion in life. I have definitely done both!

What personality trait helps you the most?
I'm very outgoing and personable, but not overbearing. I don't force wellness and exercise; I educate, allowing people to find their own path to a lifestyle that works for them. I'm there to share my knowledge, encourage and help people reach their goals in a positive way. My upbeat nature and excitement about exercise and wellness gets others excited. This makes exercise fun, which makes people return for more. You need to find "fun" in what you do. Over the years, I believe this has really helped me connect with my clients, whether they are corporate or private.

What's the hardest part of the job?
Nobody likes to do the filing or follow-up with people about late bills. The administrative tasks are definitely unglamorous. Also, finding new clients can be challenging at times. You are looking 24/7 for new clients, networking, listening for opportunities. ... it doesn't end when the workday is over.

The easiest?
Really, any part of my job that has me working with people and sharing what I love is easy to me. Teaching group exercise classes are way up there on my list of favorite things about my job. Seeing people having fun with exercise and coming back again and again is so rewarding.

What's your least expensive product or service?
I offer on-site group exercise classes, which means corporations or organizations can provide my services at a much lower rate.

The most expensive?
Obviously, in-home personal training and private yoga/pilates training sessions cost the most. These individuals are getting undivided, personalized attention for the entire time the trainer is there.

Describe your most unusual customer, job or work experience.
While I was attending graduate school in Washington, D.C., I taught exercise classes at a facility that had a large population of deaf people. They all loved my class, but I noticed that it was challenging for them to follow the different moves. To prevent them from getting frustrated, I created sign language for exercise classes. It was a big hit for everyone! It allowed people who couldn't hear me to follow the steps, and was a great cueing technique for "visual learners." To this day, I still use many of those signs in class so that people can hear, and see, the upcoming steps.

When you leave the business, what will you do?
I'd have to say retire! Since my business is my baby, and I love what I do, I can't see me leaving to do something more fulfilling. This meets all my dreams. Retirement is a long way away in the future.

In one sentence, tell us why clients should call you.
Energy in Motion LLC allows businesses of all sizes to provide the luxury of on-site health and wellness at an affordable rate to their employees. Fitness is not something only huge corporations can afford to offer their employees any more.

Where can we try a class in the Florham Park-Hanover area?
Try out one of our community Fitness Fusion classes held right here in Whippany. Fitness Fusion classes, a combination of pilates, strength training and yoga. Sessions begin from 7 to 8 p.m. on Sept. 9 at the UACCNJ, 60-C North Jefferson Road. Sign up for eight to 10 classes at $10 per class, or $15 for individual classes. Purchased classes must be taken within the 10-week session. You can register the first day of class. Everyone 15 years and older is welcome.

No comments: